Meet Our Creative Team - Kerys

Hi! My name is Kerys and I moved to the USA from the UK in 2010. I was never a crafter of any kind until I moved here. I used to be a teacher of young children with Autism, and so I guess you could say I had an arty background. I began scrapbooking, but was then introduced to cardmaking, which quickly became my love and passion. I find the coloring, design and crafting very therapeutic and calming in a crazy family life.

If you could have a super power, what would it be?
To stop time. That way, all the household jobs and chores could wait while I had unlimited crafting time.

What is your favorite color combo and favorite coloring medium?
I love working blues and greens. I use prismacolor pencils for all of my coloring. I have tried to use copics, but it just ends up looking like a 2 year old has done it! Linda tried to teach me how to use zig markers at the last Whimsy retreat – that wasn’t much more successful, but I’m still practicing!!

If you had to survive on just 3 foods, what would they be?
Chocolate, Bacon and Coffee (that’s a food group right??!!)

What do you like most about being a member of the Whimsy Creative Team?
It’s such a fun and supportive group of ladies, led by the sweetest, most generous person ever. I love having a sneak peek of the products coming up for release, and being given the opportunity to showcase them for everyone. We really are given free rein on what we create and how we use the products – it allows out individual styles to shine through.

What challenges you when stamping/crafting?
I could never get the hang of stamping properly! I always ended up smudging the images or not stamping the whole image in one try. The misti has been a life saver for me! I also struggle with choosing color combinations  for images and cards – that often takes me more time than actually making the card.

My favorite Whimsy Creation:

This was super hard to choose! I love so many of the images, but anyone that knows me knows that I just LOVE Crissy Armstrong’s penguins. This is one of my favorite images, with the penguins dressed up in costumes. The layout just came together with Halloween papers, twine and punches I had at home. And I actually got my coloring and shading right! Lol!


3 comments

  1. This is a cute card. I've always enjoyed what I call the Halloween color combos. I don't think coffee counts as a food group so it should be a freebie and you should get to pick another food. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so recognize myself when you said how much time you’re spending on choosing color combos ! It take me way much time to decide what supplies I’m gonna use than actually use them ! (Sorry for the bad English...)
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team